Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cnelson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Hi,

I'll try to keep this brief. I'm not a talented web page designer... I know my way around iWeb and have poked around a bit in Dreamweaver.

In Dreamweaver I've created a simple Spry horizontal dropdown menu. I'd like to add that menu bar I've made into an iWeb page using "add html" snippet. I can't seem to get to work though. I am aware that Dreamweaver creates a folder called "SpryAssets" that is necessary for this to work, and I've attempted to move it into my iWeb root folder but still no success.

A) Is this even possible?
B) Can anyone walk me through how I can merge a Dreamweaver Spry Menu bar into an iWeb snippet?

Many thanks if you can give this a quick whirl and see if its possible.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
The Spry also uses JavaScript as well I believe. You have to make sure those files get moved over and that the scripts are added to the page. When viewing the page in a browser check the Error Console (under Tools menu) and see if there are any JavaScript errors that can tell you what's going wrong.

cnelson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I have moved the files over and I believe i had pointed them correctly, but my menu still appears as a basic text menu instead of the spry menu I see in DW. If anyone can test this with success or suggest what I might be doing wrong I'd be very appreciate.

Or if anyone has a good idea on how to accomplish non flash drop down menus on my navigation bar I'd be elated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.